- City Events and Communication
- Community Trick-or-Treat
2022 Community Trick-or-Treat
Date: Monday, October 31
Time: 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Each year, the Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission sets the Trick-or-Treat date for cities in central Ohio. When Halloween, Oct. 31, falls on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, Trick-or-Treat is held on the Thursday before Oct. 31.
When weather conditions are poor, the City does not attempt to delay, postpone or otherwise recommend rescheduling trick or treat without a major compelling reason such as severe weather warnings (heavy thunderstorms with lightning, hail, etc.) or a non-weather related community threat. A weather forecast of rain, cold weather or wind would not meet these conditions.
Parents and guardians are always encouraged to exercise their best judgment in determining whether or not weather conditions are safe and/or convenient for trick-or-treating.
Let's Work Together for a Safe Halloween
- Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks.
- Motorists: watch for children who may dart out into the street or cross between parked cars.
- Walk on sidewalks or paths. Avoid walking in the roadway.
- Parents/guardians: Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light colors.
- Choose face paint and makeup whenever possible instead of masks, which can obstruct a child’s vision.
- Carry a flashlight.
Don't forget: if you see something, say something. Report any suspicious behavior to the Reynoldsburg Division of Police.
Non-emergency reports: (614) 866-6622
Share these safety tips, and visit these websites for more helpful information:
- Safe Kids Worldwide
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- American Association of Pediatrics