Solid Waste Disposal
The City of Reynoldsburg has a solid waste disposal contract with Local Waste Services. Trash, yard waste, recycling and bulk items are picked up on Wednesday or Thursday. All trash must be properly contained in either bags or trash cans that are no more than 50 pounds. All yard waste must either be in yard waste bags or in a designated container labeled "yard waste." (Note: yard waste in plastic bags as well as soil or rock will not be taken).
Recycling must be in the proper recycling containers but does not have to be sorted. Learn more about what can be recycled. To schedule a bulk item pickup, please contact Local Waste Services direct at 614-409-9375 no later than 3 pm the day before trash is scheduled to be picked up.
Trash & Recycling Guidelines & Reminders
General Service Guidelines
- Place trash in bags or containers, not exceeding 50 pounds each.
- Place recycling in the blue recycling cart. Recycling carts were distributed in May 2019 and are assigned to each home. If you need a blue recycling cart, or have a damaged cart, please call the Water Department at 614-322-6811.
- Place trash, recycling and yard waste curbside the evening before the designated service day.
Bulky Items & Appliances
- Please call Local Waste Services 24 hours in advance at 614-409-9375 to schedule a bulk pick up. Local Waste Services will collect bulky household items from the curb on your trash service day.
- Examples of bulky items: Appliances, carpet, furniture and toys. Please note that mattresses and upholstered items must be fully wrapped in plastic. This is an OSHA requirement.
- Contact Local Waste Services for information about items with Freon.
Televisions MUST have their screens taped in order to prevent shattering. Per contract, Local Waste Services is not required to pick up any TV that is not safely packaged for disposal. Any TV over 32 inches must be a flat screen TV and scheduled as a bulk item with Local Waste Services 614-409-9375 at least 24-hours before trash day. TVs under 32 inches do not need to be called in to Local Waste Services.
Senior Citizen Discount
A discounted rate for Local Waste Services solid waste removal is available to residents at least 60 years old. Residents must show an I.D. with proof of age at the Water Department located in the Municipal Building at 7232 E Main Street. For further information please contact the Water Department at 614-322-6811.
Yard Waste Guidelines
Yard waste is organic waste generated during regular household gardening and landscaping such as grass clippings, leaves, twigs, branches, and shrubbery. Unacceptable yard waste includes plastic bags, pots, food waste, rocks and dirt.
- Branches: Cut branches to 4 feet or shorter. Tie into bundles with string or twine (no wider than 2 feet).
- Loose Material: Place in biodegradable bags or rigid containers marked "Yard Waste." Do not line with plastic bags.
- Weight Limit: Each bag, bundle or container should not exceed 50 pounds.
- Holiday Trees: Remove decorations then cut trunk and limbs to 4 feet or shorter. Tie into bundles with string or twine
Why Recycling Matters
The amount of waste created by Central Ohio residents and businesses is staggering. In fact, every resident generates an average of 9 to 10 pounds of waste each day. With only so much landfill space available, it's more important than ever that we reuse, recycle, compost or divert as much as we can.
The City wants to make proper recycling as easy as possible for you so we provide each resident with a recycling cart to place acceptable items in for recycling. Please place these carts at the curb on your recycling day under the same guidelines as your trash. The City is not responsible for lost or misplaced recycling carts. If your recycling cart becomes damaged please contact the Water Department at 614-322-6811.
Don't Just Recycle. Recycle Right.
It's not only important to recycle. It's important to Recycle Right. By only recycling materials that are accepted at the recycling facility, your recycling will make more of an impact. Solid Waste Authority of Central Ohio's (SWACO) "Recycle Right" campaign makes proper recycling easy by giving you a comprehensive list of what should and what shouldn't go in your recycling container. For more information about "Recycle Right," please visit the Recycle Right website.
Still have questions about what's accepted or not accepted for recycling? View the following infographic or visit SWACO's Frequently Asked Questions page. To find the best solution for your unwanted item, use SWACO's "Reuse and Recycling Tool." For additional information on diversion options like reuse, donation and recycling, please visit SWACO's website.