The Department of Development is responsible for land development, land use planning, economic development, zoning, and implementation of a comprehensive plan for the City of Reynoldsburg.
We work to energize and maintain a thriving community where all citizens prosper and realize their potential by committing to the following:
- Guiding the changes and development that will enhance our community
- Supporting business expansion and retention
- Seeking innovative ways to stimulate economic growth
- Increasing the commercial property tax base of our community
- Partnering with important local entities to promote the outstanding benefits of the community
- Continually working with regional partners to attract and retain businesses and investment in the City of Reynoldsburg
Planning & Zoning
A key component of the Department of Development is the Planning and Zoning Division. This division is responsible for guiding residents and developers through the zoning approval and development approval process.
The staff coordinates efforts between applicants, the Planning and Zoning Board and Building Appeals, who meet monthly to review various aspects of projects, make recommendations, and issue certain approvals. Calendars and meeting details can be found on the zoning information page.
For permit status, permit submission procedures (including building and zoning permits), please contact the permitting intake team at 614-322-6802. To schedule a building inspection, please refer to the Building Department webpage click here or call 614-322-6821.
- Planning and Zoning Code (PDF) - *Effective June 8, 2023
- Zoning Map (PDF) *Current as of November 2022
- Meeting Dates and Submission Deadlines (PDF
Planning and Zoning Application Forms
- Major Site Plan and Rezoning Application (PDF) - (Zoning District Change, Major Site Plan)
- Land Subdivision / Plat Application (PDF)
- Variance and Conditional Use Application (PDF)
- Certificate of Appropriateness Application (PDF) (Design Review)
- Zoning Certificate Application (PDF) (most zoning approvals, including fences)
- Zoning Sign Permit Application (PDF)
Permits should be submitted to the Building Department in City Hall, or mailed with a check to: City of Reynoldsburg, 7232 East Main Street, Reynoldsburg, OH, 43068.
Checks should be made out to: City of Reynoldsburg.
Can't Find What You Are Looking for?
We're sorry about that. We are always looking to improve our website so please tell us what we missed to better serve our Reynoldsburg family. Just give us a call at 614-322-6829.